Thursday 29 December 2016

Flipkart or Cheatkart?



          Flipkart is one of the leading online stores of India. It’s a trusted online store of millions of Indians. People using Flipkart have good, bad or mixed experiences now and then. I am a satisfied customer of Flipkart from 5 years. But sometimes, many trusted brands or online store takes its customer for granted. This is what happened to many customers. One of them is me who is writing this piece. Being a girl, I love make-ups. I ordered my make-up stuffs from Flipkart several and always got satisfied with the service but this time I am disappointed with the service. Well disappointed is a small word. I am in fact angry with the service. I ordered for a High Fly Gel Eyeliner which has 2 containers of gel eyeliner of black and brown colours. But I got wrong product of some different brand called Miss Rose in which there are 2 boxes of black eye shadows. I only realized of being cheated after opening the covering boxes because on text messages and receipts, the right product names were written but after opening the covers its wrong product I got. I immediately applied for return policy on their web site and I was assured the replacement of the wrong product with the right product. I even talked with customer care of Flipkart who apologized for the mistake and said that its not their fault that I got the wrong product as its not them who do the packaging work. I then told him that make sure that I don’t get the wrong product again which he assured me only to be proved wrong again. After some days, I got my replacement product. I told the shipping guy too to not make the same mistake and he said the same thing as what customer care said that its not their job of arranging the things for delivery. After some time, I opened the box and got relieved to find the write product name on the cardboard box. Then I checked the contents and was shocked to find 2 boxes of black eyeliners which was not at all gel eyeliners. Then I checked the cardboard box again and was shocked to find that this time they went 10 more steps ahead in cheating me. I found that I got the same wrong product like last time with the stickers of right products pasted cleverly on the cardboard box. I got the same Miss Rose product with the stickers of Music Flower pasted on them. I was very angry. My brother told me too call the customer care but I decided against as I will get the same apologies and same replies that its not their fault as they are not the ones doing the packaging. I simply applied for return policy again and this time there was only money back option and not replacement option. I decided to take my money back. They asked for account number as the money will be transferred to my account which I did. I am now just waiting for my money to be transferred in my account which I hope happens the soonest. What happened with me is not expected from a leading online shopping site like Flipkart. The customer care guy and the shipping guy easily said that its not their fault that I got wrong product as its not their job. Then who the hell is at fault? Even if customer care guy is not at fault can’t he just talk with the people responsible for packaging to make sure that they deliver right products without any mistake? I read the reviews of the product that I ordered and was horrified to read 2 person’s comments where they faced the same problem that I did. So its not just me who is being cheated but some others too. The first time they gave wrong product but the second time after replacement they had the audacity to paste stickers of the right product on the wrong product boxes. Isn’t it shameful that instead of realizing and rectifying their mistakes they are behaving worse than earlier? If this goes on then how can we trust to order for something again from Flipkart? Being a leading online shopping site, they have responsibility of satisfying their customers instead of angering them with their repeated blunders. 
            On the other side, its also possible that someone working in the company itself is trying to bring bad name to the company by purposely repeated the mistake going one step ahead by sticking brand name sticker on the real name of the wrong product. Who in the right mind will make such a mistake after one complaint from the customer? I got my money transferred back but don't know if I will be ever able to trust Flipkart in the same way like earlier. After what I experienced on reading some comments regarding that product, I can only as a question that whether this online shopping site is Flipkart or Cheatkart?

No comments:

Post a Comment